Friday, December 11, 2015

5 Ways to Stay Fit on Vacation

Earlier this year, I made the decision to travel more and focus on a living a healthier lifestyle. Even though I go on trips, I still make it my business to do some kind of physical activity. Here are five simple ways to stay fit while on vacation.

5 Ways To Stay Fit on Vacation

Walk

I love to walk around and honestly use this option the most wherever I go. Walking can be simple, but very effective for your health. According to Heart.org, walking briskly can lower your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes as much as running. Depending on what I'm doing for the day, I can do from 20-40 thousand steps a day on vacation. Do a paid or free walking tour or venture out on your own.

Use the Gym

When booking accommodations, search for lodging with a gym included or close by. On my trip to DC in January, I dedicated at least 30 minutes for gym time. The time goes quick and your body will thank you in the long run.
Gym

Swim

I LOVE the pool. Everyone isn't a swimmer, but if you know how use the pool. It's a great exercise for the mornings or relaxing after a long day of walking around. Being that it was steps away from my room, I definitely took advantage of pool time to cool off from the hot sun in CuraƧao.

Run

I'm not much of a runner (I need more discipline), but it is a great option for staying fit on vacation. You can use the treadmill from the gym, follow running paths on a resort, research running groups in the area or create your own route. Just be mindful of the time and your surroundings when choosing an "off the beaten path" route.

Biking

This is another option I haven't used, but my friends suggested I do biking on a future vacation. There are city or park bike rentals in most major towns or you can sign up for a traditional bike tour. Learning about the city, have fun bike riding AND burn calories? Why not?

Biking

What are some other ways to stay fit while on vacation? 

-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.











No comments:

Post a Comment